Wheat flour ladoo or Churmundo

I am updating my blog after a decade or more but, I am happy to be back with a yummy recipe. Hope to be updating this space more with simple and yummy recipes that I whip up in the kitchen.

Growing up, I have very fond memories of relishing these ladoo's made by my grandmothers. This ladoo was a staple be it at my place growing up and also in my maternal grandma's home. These laddu's can be made with both all purpose flour and also whole wheat flour. They taste equally delicious. And, the besan in the recipe gives it a nice nutty flavor too.

Here is a very easy recipe shared by my sister and when she mentioned me the recipe it sounded easy and I know I had to try it right then and there. My sister was on a call explaining me how she made and i told her i want to try it as well and requested her to be on the call so she can guide me. When it comes down to preparing authentic konkani dishes or sweets that I don't cook often, I am always nervous. I never thought this ladoo could be this easy to prepare. So here goes the recipe. This is the exact measurement i used and it yieled about 13 small ladoos.

Ingredients:

¾ cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp besan

4 elaichi

½ cup sugar

1/3 cup ghee

4 to 5 cashew pieces chopped and 10 raisins

Method:

1. First powder the sugar and elaichi into a fine powder.

2. Sieve the atta and besan and set aside.

3.Heat ghee in a kadai and when hot add the cashews and elaichi. Fry for a minute or two.

4. Then add sieved atta and fry on a medium low flame continuously for about 10 mins or so. The color of the atta will change to brown and you can smell the aroma of the atta.

5. Now add the powdered sugar and switch off the heat and mix everything well. When the mixture is lightly cooled, make ladoos.

Note: If the ladoo mixture is dry, then add 1 or 2 tsp warm ghee and mix well and you can form ladoos.

Comments