Homemade Mango Ice Cream

I have been hooked to this delicious ice cream for about 4 months now. Ever since my little one started enjoying Mango ice cream, I was determined to try it at home. I googled and found so many recipes, but it was really challenging to find one that I thought I could try at home, not because the recipe did not appeal to me, but for the mere fact that it was my first attempt at making ice-cream at home! But after reading David Lebovitz's blog, I got a little confident and then tried a recipe that I found. The first recipe I tried had Milk, heavy whipping cream, condensed milk and mango pulp. The recipe seemed good to me, and I was all set to prepare using the Braun Hand blender I had. And, guess what! The result was pretty darn good! However, I must admit that the condensed milk is really not required in ice-cream, IMO.

So, the next time I tried, I sticked to just Milk, Mango pulp and Heavy whipping cream, and the result was great! I found the ice-cream to be just perfect, not too sweet, which is what we prefer.

The Ice-cream mixture ready to freeze!

Ingredients:

1 pint heavy whipping cream

1 30 Oz can mango pulp

2 cups whole milk

Method:

1) Take a wide and deep pot and add the whipping cream and blend it using hand blender on high for about 3 to 4 minutes until the cream thickens and fluffs up.

2) Then, follow it by adding Mango pulp and blend again on high until its combined with the cream.

3) Add the milk and blend again on high for about 3 to 4 minutes. The final product after blending these 3 ingredients should be thick, similar to dosa batter.

4) Take a freezer proof dish that has a lid and pour the ice cream mixture, and place it in the freezer. Then, as it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a whisk, or use the hand blender and beat well and break up any frozen ice crystals. Return to freezer, and continue to check the mixture every 30 minutes and follow the same procedure for at least 4 to 5 times. This will make the ice-cream smooth and creamy. It will take at least 4 to 5 hours for the ice-cream to set.

Enjoy!

Comments