Pizza is a popular dish/pie which does not need any formal introduction. Its a much loved food globally! I love pizza, and I was initially intimidated to try it out myself. It's usually a take-out staple but if you try making it at home, then, you might stick to your home made pizzas. It does not take much time and effort to bake a pizza, and once you are comfortable making one, you will prefer baking one at home and not order it from your local pizza shop! The below recipe is from a good friend of mine, and it makes a very good pizza crust. I usually make mine without sauce, but just vegetables, seasoning and cheese.
3 cups of flour/bread flour
1 cup of water (warm) - adjust accordingly
1/4 cup olive oil
one package instant yeast
salt to taste
1. Add 3 cups of flour, salt, yeast, and 1/2 cup of warm water into the work bowl and stir to combine (just briefly). Let it stand for about 15 minutes (this process is called autolysing).
2. Once you let it stand, slowly add the rest of the flour while you knead. You may need more water and flour as you knead the dough. Knead it well for about 15 minutes. Punch it down, and done. Knead with olive oil at the end.
P.S:For Best results, its good to make the dough the day before and let it rise in the fridge overnight).
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 medium tomato, chopped
4 or 5 garlic cloves, minced/sliced
1/2 cup chopped capsicum/bell pepper
2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
Salt to taste
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
2) On a flat surface, sprinkle some flour and take the dough and flatten it with your hands, or use a rolling pin, roll it out until it forms in to 1/2 inch thick circle until it reaches the desired diameter - about 10 to 12 inches. You can turn and stretch the dough, too. It can be a bit challenging to get the right shape at first, so do not worry about it. Mine always comes in an oblong shape and it is actually perfect for my pan.
3) Add the toppings as per your taste. I prefer without the sauce so I just go with Onions, bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, and lots of cheese, Italian seasonings, and drizzle olive oil at the top. Bake it for about 15 minutes, and then turn the oven to Broil mode for last 5 minutes so that top gets nice and brown.