Going bananas with Banana Nut bread!

This is one of those breads that is easy to prepare, healthy and delicious. I often let the bananas go ripe on their own so that I can bake a Banana nut bread. Ripe bananas and buttermilk makes the bread moist and naturally sweet. I usually make with whole wheat flour and tastes excellent. Below is a recipe that I found on the internet which claims to be Starbucks Banana bread recipe. As soon as I saw it, I know I had to try, since I love Starbucks' Banana bread. Its very easy and quick and absolutely delicious. I have tried numerous Banana bread recipes but this one is definitely a keeper!



Dry Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour(You can substitute 1 cup with whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


Wet ingredients:

3/4 cup Sugar(original recipe had 11/3 cups but I reduced it to 3/4 since I don't like mine too sweet)
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 egg
2 tbsp butter milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 ripe medium-large bananas(mashed)
1/2 c + 1/3 c chopped walnuts(for mixing and garnish)

Method:

1.Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree F. Grease a 9*5*3 loaf pan and dust with flour.

2.Blend together the dry ingredients nicely- flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.

3.Mix together the egg and sugar and vegetable oil until combined.

4.Add the flour mixture and when blended add the buttermilk, vanilla and mashed bananas and mix until combined.

5.Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top batter with remaining 1/3 c chopped walnuts.

6.Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan. Serve a slice with a hot cup of coffee or just on its own!

Comments