Looks like I am having a marathon of Egg recipes here, but to be honest with you all I didn’t plan on doing serial Egg posts! I just happened to click pictures of these appetizers when I had prepared them for one of our parties and thought of posting them on the blog before I loose these pictures. Yes it usually happens with me :P.
One of my friend had prepared them when she had invited us over and I liked it a lot. Since I prepare eggs every single day for my hubby, eggs are always available in my refrigerator. I never run out of eggs. And if I forget my hubby doesn’t, because he wants them everyday except special pooja occasions.
This is a very easy appetizer and I am sure this is a popular one too. All you need is boiled eggs and besan and few other ingredients to jazz it up a bit.
Here’s the recipe:
Boiled eggs 5, cut into halves.
Oil for deep frying
½ to ¾ cups of besan or Chick pea’s flour
2 tsp rice flour or corn flour
2 to 3 tsp All purpose flour
½ tsp garlic powder Or add some garlic paste
½ tsp dhania-jeera powder (coriander-cumin powder)
½ tsp red chilli powder or you can add finely chopped green chillies too
3 to 4 strands of coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste.
Water to make a smooth batter
1. Boil eggs and peel off the shell. Cut it into halves.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the batter with enough water to make a smooth batter which is thick enough (thicker than pancake batter) to coat the egg halves. Set it aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai/large deep pan, when the oil is smoking hot dip the egg pieces in the batter, make sure the batter holds all around the eggs and carefully drop them in the hot oil few at a time. Don’t fry too many at once. Fry them in batches so each one gets fried evenly.
4. Fry the egg pakoras/fritters until they are golden brown. Keep turning them frequently and also fry them on a medium heat, else they might burn too quick.
5. With a slotted spoon carefully remove them and drain the excess oil and place them on a absorbent paper towel.
6. Makes a perfect accompaniment with spicy green chutney, ketchup and a cup of tea.